ReproUnion’s education division – ReproEducation – is an essential part of ensuring high quality in future research within reproductive medicine.
Cross border cooperation in a series of concrete actions in the field of education is necessary to ensure high quality in the research. ReproEducation initiate and create attractive cross boarder courses, PhD and PostDoc programs all in the field of reproductive medicine. This will attract young researchers and ensure that a high proportion of them stay as researchers in the future.
Historically, the Oresund region – also known as Medicon Valley – has a high international position within reproductive medicine in relation to patient management and research. However, there is a need to strengthen the collaboration between the partners at hospitals, universities and education institutions in order to maintain and develop the field.
ReproUnion represents more than 50 PhD students and approximately 30 senior researchers. The clinics that are partners of ReproUnion have access to large patient materials, including 4000 IVF/ICSI cycles per year, 1500 seeking andrological management and 6000 semen analyses.
The key clinical competences include:
- High standard IVF and ICSI treatment including use of recent methods for embryo selection;
- Extended evaluation of the male partner in order to find the best treatment options for the couple and prevent long term squeal of infertility;
- Sperm DNA analysis;
- Andrological surgery and treatment of ejaculatory dysfunction;
- Gonadal cryopreservation;
- Gamete donation;
- Assessment and counselling regarding environmental reproductive risks at the individual and the group level
These competences are an important part of ReproEducation’s work.