ReproUnion is a cross-border collaboration between Sweden and Denmark within the area of reproductive medicine in the Oresund Region, funded by EU Interreg V. We are world leading in overcoming infertility and in meeting future demands of managing and preventing infertility problems.
ReproUnion’s vision is to strengthen the research capacity within infertility as well as establish a common Reproductive Medicine Centre. The Reproductive Medicine Centre is based on a multi-disciplinary concept including research & development, education & career development, treatment & prevention. We call these branches ReproScience, ReproEducation and ReproTreatment.
We will accomplish our vision by increasing the number of researchers in the Oresund Region as well as establish a ReproUnion Management Unit with one point of entry for partners, researchers, and industries. Through this unit, we will be able to streamline and improve systems and common procedures for the industry, regions, and patients. This will ensure greater efficiency, higher academic standards and more effective use of our common resources.
The story of a successful collaboration
Historically, the Oresund Region – also known as the Medicon Valley – has a high international position within reproductive medicine, thus ReproUnion is building on two previous project programs that have received economical support from Interreg IVA:
• ReproSound (2010-2013)
• ReproHigh (2012-2014)
In December 2013, ReproHigh was awarded by the Capital Region of Denmark and the Region Skane the “Oresund Award in Health” – given to promote groundbreaking collaborations in health research and clinical work.
With funding from the EU, we are ready to take the next step and create ReproUnion as a common Reproductive Medicine Centre in a collaboration between Sweden and Denmark. ReproUnion will strengthen the collaboration between the partners at public hospitals, universities and the industry, in order to maintain and develop Reproductive Medicine. Together, we will meet the future demands of managing and preventing infertility problems.
ReproUnion is a collaborative network of 14 clinical and research units within the Capital Region of Denmark, Region Zealand of Denmark and Region Skane in Southern Sweden. The partnership also includes Medicon Valley Alliance, Lund University, University of Copenhagen and Ferring Pharmaceuticals.
The partners are:
- Department of Urology, Herlev and Gentofte Hospital
- Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Herlev and Gentofte Hospital
- Fertility Clinic, Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Hvidovre Hospital
- Fertility Clinic, Holbæk Hospital
- Department of Environmental and Occupational Medicine, Bispebjerg and Frederiksberg Hospital
- Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, Rigshospitalet
- Fertility Clinic, Rigshospitalet
- Department of Growth and Reproduction, Rigshospitalet
- Molecular Genetic Reproductive Medicine, Lund University
- Reproductive Medicine, Lund University
- Reproductive Medicine Centre, Skåne University Hospital
- Division of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Lund University
- Clinical Chemistry, Lund University
- Department of Public Health, University of Copenhagen
- Medicon Valley Alliance
- Ferring Pharmaceuticals A/S
For more information, please contact:
CEO of Medicon Valley Alliance, Head of ReproUnion Management Unit